PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Reviewed on: 12/31/2019
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (”personal information”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information, which does not allow the identification of a particular consumer, household, or device.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from our consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||NO|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- We obtain personal information in Categories A, B, and D directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase or from business cards collected at trade shows or in-person.
- We obtain personal information in Category F indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
- We obtain personal information in Categories A, B, D, and F from third parties, including:
- AMSTAT, a provider of researched market information in the aviation industry. Read more on AMSTAT at its website http://www.amstatcorp.com/
- JetNet, a provider of transactional information concerning aircraft sales. Read more on JetNet at its website https://www.jetnet.com/
- HubSpot, Inc., through which we generate emails and other marketing communications. Read more on HubSpot at its website https://www.hubspot.com/
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- Personal information in Categories A, B, and D (as described above) may be used to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- Personal information in Categories D and F may be used to provide, support, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- Personal information in Categories A, B, D, and F may be used to create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- Personal information in Categories A, B, D, and F may be used to process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- Personal information in Categories A, B, D, and F may be used to provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- Personal information in Categories D and F may be used to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- Personal information in Categories D and F may be used for testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- Personal information in Categories A, B, D, and F may be used to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- Personal information in Categories A, B, D, and F may be used as described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- Personal information in any of the above categories may be used to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose, including the following:
- Detecting or preventing security incidents or other illegal activity and prosecuting the responsible parties.
- Debugging our Website or other products and services.
- Verifying or maintaining quality or safety or improving or upgrading a service or device owned, manufactured, or controlled by or for us.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers, such as Hubspot for email marketing purposes.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category D: Commercial information.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
Sales of Personal Information
We do not and will not sell Personal Information. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold Personal Information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you in the last 12 months.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you in the last 12 months.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a separate list identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 877.328.4284.
- Fill out the website form at https://www.elliottaviation.com/california-consumer-privacy-act-request-form/
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
To designate an authorized agent, please contact us at the Toll-Free Number or email address listed above.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which must include:
- First name:
- Last name:
- Phone number:
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 additional days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, in Microsoft Word.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
We do not collect personal information about consumers under the age of 18. We do not sell personal information about consumers.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please fill out the website form at https://www.elliottaviation.com/california-consumer-privacy-act-request-form/ or write us at: PO Box 100 Moline, IL 61266-0100
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on our Website and update the notice’s effective date. If we begin to sell consumers’ personal information, we will also provide advance notice by email. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Attn: IT Support
PO Box 100 Moline, IL 61266-0100
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity. You must provide sufficient information for us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information or that person’s authorized representative, which should include, at minimum:
- Your name
- Your address
- A description of your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it
We will contact you if we need additional information to verify your identity and will only request information necessary for this purpose.